Embroidery project

I've got so many projects on the go at the moment: Knitting socks, crocheting a blanket, and I've also started this embroidery.
embroideryUrnFeb

I had to spend some time away from home, and left at very short notice, so I didn't have anything crafty to do. I have been wanting to try some embroidery recently, I did use to do it when I was very young. Mum used to sign us up to classes at the Embroiderer's Guild during school holidays, and I still have the bag I made.

Anyway, while I was away, I bought this kit, and started stitching. I'm not really loving the pattern, but I didn't have much choice. I am enjoying the stitching and seeing the picture emerge.

embroideryUrnFlowerCloseUpFeb
Making really little stitches is quite meditative, and definitely less thinking than when knitting or crocheting, as you don't have to keep referring back to a pattern or even try and work out where you are. Sometimes, I pick up a piece of knitting, and it takes me a few minutes to work out where I am. And then, sometimes the reason I stopped was because I made a mistake and was too tired to fix it. So I have to work out where I'm up to, what I did wrong, fix it, and THEN I can knit. So as you can imagine, this puts me off!

But with the embroidery, I just pick it up and go!

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

This is really sweet :) I love the vintage feel of the pattern you chose. What are you going to do with it when it is finished? It would make a great center to a cute girly pillow

PS: thanks for your kind comments on my terrarium, I love your idea to dye the linen like the sea. You can never be to scientific looking!