Block 1 - Babette

I've actually not been too well for the past few weeks. One of the side-effects is that I can't really do anything that requires much thinking, or time. So I've mostly been working on Babette squares.

Babette Squares

There are a lot of different granny squares of different sizes, but it's just the same stitch over and over again. But it's not as boring as you'd think, since making up the colour combinations is fun. The pattern uses Koigu Wool designs KPM, but I am using a comination of 8 ply yarns - Cleckheaton Country Naturals 8 ply, Spotlight Harvest Pure Wool and Spotlight 8 ply Pure Wool. I picked the colours by matching the Koigu colour names with a similar colour in the 8 ply yarns.

Babette Squares 2

I have now completed Block 1 of the blanket (with lots of various squares from other blocks) and have now started to sew them together. I've never done this before, well, really this is my first proper crochet project, so I used the instructions in The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller.

Babette Block 1

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow, that looks really good!!!

I hope your feeling much more on the mend to good health now!